OUR REFUND, GUARANTEE & WARRANTY POLICIES
SoundMAGICheadphones.com is an authorised dealer for the products we offer for sale. All of the products sold on the SoundMAGICheadphones.com website are genuine products sourced from an official UK distributor or direct from the manufacturer and come supplied with a manufacturer's warranty.
Extended 30 day return periodIn addition to your statutory rights, we offer our customers an extended 30 day no quibble return period on all products purchased from us, even if you don't like it, (with exception of custom made products noted in section 4 ) although this is subject to the following conditions:
- In the event that you return the product because you don’t like it:
- We will provide a full product refund to the original payment method up to 14 days from purchase date. (Please note the section 5 "Shipping costs" below.)
- After the 14 day period up until 30 days from the purchase date, the customer can choose from the following:
- A voucher for hifiheaphones.co.uk worth the full value of the original order.
- Refund to the original payment method minus a 10% restocking fee.
- Any return made as faulty will be subject to the relevant sections of this policy.
- In the event that you return the product because you don’t like it:
You must take reasonable care of the goodsDuring the evaluation of the product it is expected that you take reasonable care of the goods (as you would when examining the product in a shop):
- You are obliged by law to take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in your possession. We will not consider that you have taken reasonable care of the goods if they have been used in a way or to an extent beyond what would be reasonable when examining the goods in a shop before purchase.
- The goods must be returned with the original manufacturer's packaging (which shall not be defaced or damaged) complete with accessories, manuals, documentation, plastic bags, warranty cards, tie wraps, and any other accessories that originally came with the product.
Returning products that raise hygiene concernsProducts that have contact with the ear, nose or throat can only be returned for a full refund if sent back with hygiene seals unbroken and in unused condition (you must exercise reasonable care when evaluating the product as you would in a shop).
It is our aim that customers are 100% satisfied with all products purchased from us. Therefore, we understand that customers may be dissatisfied with the performance of products that raise hygiene concerns after they have tried them out. If this is the case please contact us and we may be able to offer credit for another purchase (subject to inspection of the returned product) or to purchase the product back as second hand (taking into account that we would need to process the item as B grade in our clearance area).
Custom made productsProducts that have been custom made to the customer's specification cannot be returned for a refund or credit under the 30 day return guarantee and may only be returned under section 8.
Shipping costsFor products returned under section 1 or section 8 of our policies, refund of shipping cost will only apply to section 8.b.i. Please note the below conditions:
- If you just don’t like your product and have returned it, any shipping costs incurred will be deducted from your refund.
- If your product is being returned as faulty and we confirm this to be the case after testing, we will refund incurred shipping costs applicable to the below restrictions.
We aim to make this return process as stress free as possible, however, to do this please note the following:
For UK Domestic returns:
A pre-paid Royal Mail Tracked 48 returns shipment label will be provided. You just need to visit your local post office, hand it over and obtain a proof of postage, it is that simple.
Disclaimer: This is the only authorised return postage service we accept, other services used will be deemed to invalidate return postage cost refunds unless you contact us before you post your item back to us to discuss.
For International returns:
Please contact us to discuss the return of your item.
- For UK Domestic returns:
Return of items purchased as part of a promotionAll items purchased under a "Buy X Get Y" promotion must be returned in full to be eligible for a full refund. If the item discounted under this promotion is not returned, we will deduct the full MSRP of the discounted promotional product from the final refund amount. If one item is returned separately at a later time the customer has to pay the full shipping costs.
Exceptions to the extended 30 day returns policy
- No refund will be made if the goods are returned physically damaged, marked and or without original packaging.
- Aftermarket or replacement ear tips cannot be returned if the packaging has been opened.
- Products that have been damaged by the customer which require more cost to repair than the wholesale value of the product will be returned to the customer without a refund at their expense, regardless of when it was returned.
- Any and all non faulty products returned to us after the 30 day return/exchange period has expired cannot be accepted by us under any circumstances and will be returned to the customer (at the customer's expense) without a refund.
- All products purchased from us are covered by a guarantee period of 1 year - excluding products with an extended manufacturer warranty.
- Please note the below legislation relating to the guarantee period.
- Up to 6 months - if you report your product as faulty within 6 months of purchase, we will provide you with a free of charge returns label (subject to section 5 ) and if we confirm that it is faulty will provide a replacement or repaired product. If the product is found to be not faulty we will charge you the cost for the pre-paid return label, the shipping cost to send it back to you and also a £15 handling fee.
After 6 months - if you report your product as faulty after 6 months of purchase you must send the product to us at your cost. Please note you're obligated to provide proof, that the fault was present at the time of delivery. We reserve the right to undertake independent testing of the product.
- If the product is agreed to be faulty we will, in the first instance, repair the product, or provide a similar conditioned replacement if this is not possible.
- If the product is found to be not faulty we will charge you the cost for the return postage and also a £15 handling fee.
Manufacturer's WarrantyProducts purchased from us are supplied with a warranty of 12 months (or 6 months for B-grade, open box, refurbished, ex-demo and second hand items if not stated otherwise on the product page).
- The manufacturer's warranties are limited to physical defects in the materials, parts and workmanship used in making the product. Abnormal conditions, deliberate abuse and damage due to accidents, operator's error, or unauthorised service attempts are excluded from any warranty claims.
- Accessories such as carrying cases and ear tips are not covered by warranty.
- After 6 months from original purchase date, faulty goods returned under the manufacturer's warranty are to be returned to us at the cost of the customer.
Exceptions to the product guarantee and manufacturer's warranty
- If the fault is found to be caused by misuse, incorrect user operation, misunderstanding of operation, lack of basic maintenance or caused by negligence, we will charge you the cost for the pre-paid return label (if applicable) along with the shipping cost to send it back to you and a £15 handling fee for the examination. This cost will be offset with the actual costs if you authorise the repair fee.
- If you want us to fix the issue we will charge £20 per 15min. service time incl. final testing plus cost of materials.
- You have the right to receive a quote about the expected total costs from us after the examination and before we take action.
By placing an order with us, you hereby agree to abide by the conditions and terms of the above stated returns policy.